Join Cleveland Water Pollution Control, City of Cleveland, Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for a free workshop for drinking water, wastewater and stormwater utilities on adaptation and resilience. The workshop is part of the Creating Resilient Water Utilities (CRWU) initiative, which provides drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater utilities with the practical tools, training, and technical assistance needed to increase resilience to extreme weather events.
The workshop will be held in at the West Creek Reservation in Parma, Ohio on Tuesday, July 17, 2018.Workshop Objectives
- Share information about how environmental conditions and extreme weather events (e.g., drought and flooding) could impact drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater utilities in the midwestern U.S.
- Identify and share information on adaptation strategies to build utility long-term resilience and discuss strategies for making the business case to invest in resilience.
- Share utility stories of successful resilience planning effort and adaptation activities.
- Introduce EPA's Creating Resilient Water Utility (CRWU) resources and tools.
- Share information on available resources for financing resilience and adaptation.
- Final workshop agenda (PDF) (2 pp, 702K, About PDF)
- Venue, parking, lunch and logistics information (PDF) (2 pp, 522K, About PDF)
- Final training presentation (PDF) (28 pp, 733K, About PDF)
- Regional Extreme Weather Projections and Water Sector Impacts (PDF) (39 pp, 4.5MB, About PDF)
- Adaptation and Resilience, CRWU Tools, Concepts, and Making the Business Case (PDF) (37 pp, 2.78MB, About PDF)
- Cleveland WPC Case Study (PDF) (19 pp, 1.9MB, About PDF)
- Introduction to CREAT (PDF) (71 pp, 3.3K, About PDF)
- Utility Resilience Planning Case Study Panel Discussion
- Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (PDF) (36 pp, 8.7MB, About PDF)
- Avon Lake Regional Water (PDF) (16 pg, 1.4MB, About PDF)
- West Creek Conservancy (PDF) (35 pp, 11.5 MB, About PDF)
- Small Group and Plenary Discussion recap (PDF) (2 pp, 282K, About PDF)
- Financing Resilience and Adaptation (PDF) (14 pp, 613K, About PDF)
- Final Funding Opportunities Handout (PDF) (3 pp, 492K, About PDF)
- Participant List (PDF) (3 pp, 247K, About PDF)
Please contact Alfredo Lagos (email@example.com) with questions or for additional information regarding the CREAT training.